Tuberous Breast Correction in Antalya | Uplifting Treatment Options
What Is Tuberous Breast Correction
Tuberous breast correction, or tuberous breast deformity correction, is a surgical procedure to correct a congenital breast deformity known as tuberous breasts. Tuberous breasts are a condition where the breasts appear underdeveloped, small, and tubular, with a narrow base and a large areola. This condition can affect both men and women, but it is more common in women. Tuberous breast correction in Antalya typically involves breast augmentation with implants or fat transfer, breast lift, and tissue expansion. The specific technique used will depend on the individual patient’s anatomy and the severity of the condition.
Tuberous Breast Correction in Antalya
Tuberous breast correction in Antalya aims to reshape and reposition the breasts to create a more natural and aesthetically pleasing appearance while addressing any asymmetry or unevenness in breast size and shape. It is a specialized procedure that should only be performed by a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon with specific expertise in treating tuberous breasts. As with any surgical procedure, there are risks and potential complications associated with tuberous breast correction, and patients should carefully consider the potential benefits and risks before undergoing surgery.
Methods of Tuberous Breast Correction
The specific method used for tuberous breast correction will depend on the severity of the condition and the patient’s anatomy. Below are some of the most common methods used for tuberous breast correction in Antalya:
- Breast augmentation: Breast augmentation with implants is a standard method to correct tuberous breasts. The implants are placed behind the breast tissue or the chest muscle to create a more natural breast shape and size. The surgeon may also perform a breast lift simultaneously to reposition the nipple and areola and remove excess skin.
- Fat transfer: Also known as fat grafting, it is another method used to correct tuberous breasts. In this procedure, fat is removed from another part of the body, such as the abdomen or thighs, using liposuction and then injected into the breasts to reshape and add volume.
- Tissue expansion: This method stretches the skin and tissue in the breast area to create a more natural breast shape. In this procedure, a temporary tissue expander is placed beneath the skin and gradually filled with saline over several weeks or months. Once the skin and tissue have stretched enough, the tissue expander is removed, and a permanent implant is placed.
- Breast lift: A breast lift, also known as a mastopexy, is a procedure to reposition the nipple and areola and remove excess skin. This method may be used alone or in combination with breast augmentation to correct tuberous breasts.
- Nipple and areola repositioning: The position of the nipples and areolas can be adjusted to create a more natural and aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Areolar reduction: The size of the areolas can be reduced to match the size of the newly shaped breasts.
Side Effects and Recovery
Recovery from tuberous breast correction will vary depending on the specific techniques used and the patient’s anatomy and health status. Patients should expect to take some time off work and other activities to allow for proper healing and recovery. They should follow all post-operative care instructions carefully, including taking medications as prescribed, avoiding strenuous activities, and attending follow-up appointments with their surgeon. Overall, the recovery period for tuberous breast correction can take several weeks to months, depending on the extent of the procedure and the individual patient’s healing process. Patients should be patient and allow time to heal before resuming normal activities.
Tuberous breast correction has potential side effects and risks like any surgical procedure. These may include:
- Pain and discomfort: Patients may experience pain, swelling, and bruising after surgery, which can be managed with pain medication and other techniques.
- Scarring: Scarring is an inevitable part of any surgical procedure. However, a skilled plastic surgeon will take steps to minimize scarring as much as possible and may recommend specific treatments or products to help with scar management.
- Infection: There is a risk of infection with any surgical procedure. Patients will be given antibiotics before and after surgery to help prevent infection, and they should follow all post-operative care instructions carefully to reduce the risk of infection.
- Changes in breast sensation: Patients may experience changes in breast sensation, including numbness or tingling, after surgery. In most cases, these changes are temporary and will resolve over time.
- Asymmetry or unevenness: In some cases, there may be differences in breast size or shape after surgery, requiring additional procedures or treatments to correct.
Medgol Medical Tourism Center; Breast Deformity Correction
Tuberous breast correction is a surgical procedure typically performed on women, as tuberous breasts are a condition that primarily affects women. However, in rare cases, men may also develop tuberous breasts, and the same surgical techniques used in tuberous breast correction can also be used to correct this condition in men.
At Medgol Medical Tourism Center, we only work with physicians with at least five years of experience in their various specializations since years of experience are crucial in medicine. The expert has received training and experience using the most up-to-date methods and resources to ensure you get the best treatment and therapy in Antalya. We make it our business to ensure the doctor has access to a hospital with a license or other clinics fully equipped with the tools required for the operations.